So the inevitable has happened. I have reached the point in my fitness journey where the motivation is starting to go out the window. I am 7 weeks in and I am struggling. I think part of the reason is I was using an app for the first few weeks which was easy to stay on track with. Then I did a few random workouts, I went home and did workouts with my dad, and now I am lost.

To be honest I think I have done one or maybe two workouts in the past two weeks. I have fallen back into the “Oh I walked a lot today its fine if I do not workout”. The fatal trap. One that I always fall into that leads to a lazy cycle and two weeks later you realize you haven’t done any physical exercise.

That’s why, when a friend asked if I wanted to do a month long ab challenge together I jumped at the opportunity. The challenge has me doing various ab exercise every day that take 5-10 minutes a day. While this is not enough to warrant not doing other physical exercise I am telling myself that for this week, this is enough. It is okay to have an off week, and it is okay to feel slightly defeated. Next week I will get back to it and it will just be a blip in the otherwise successful journey of getting in shape.