In my exploration of Twine I found it to be really fun. I thought that the idea of creating a choose your own story would be a fun unit of creative writing. This software could be used after reading one of the “Choose Your Own Adventure books”. This way students would understand the nature of the software.

Creating the story was easy. Making the spider web of pages was fairly intuitive, but I did have trouble when inserting pictures. This did not work for me. I am not really sure why. Also saving the story did not work on my computer. It just saved a really long PDF of all the back end coding that made up my story. Therefore, these two functions would need more explanation.

The audience that I feel is best suited for this software would be grade six and above. Other wise this would be really confusing. For younger students to explore this website they could have a mentor student help. Having an older buddy help a primary level student make their story would foster a sense of community in their school as well. The older student could navigate the website while the younger student could write the story and help select the pictures and such.

Overall the software has a cross-curricular aspect that is intriguing. The intro level coding, digital literacy and literacy all align seamlessly in the function of this software.