Through the first couple of weeks learning the ukulele I feel I have made great progress but still have a lot to learn. I have begun to learn Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles which is a pretty simple song as it just repeats four chords with the same strumming pattern throughout the song. I began by learning the chords and then the strumming pattern. The first few times that I attempted switching between the C chord and the G chord was really difficult but after practice this is becoming easier. Now that I have had some time with the piece I am actually having a harder time switching between G and D minor. Another thing that I am struggling with is holding the Ukulele in the correct posture. I am tending to hold it more in may lap rather than on my chest. The sound is better when it is at my chest but I can not seem to hold it there without it dropping part way through the song.

I had a “breakthrough” moment when practicing on Friday (January 31st) . I played the song to the audio of the song and I was able to make it through the entire song multiple times and keep a steady tempo. My last strum was at the end of the song and it was a really exciting and satisfying moment.

Overall, I feel I have made great progress but I still sometimes struggle with switching between chords, the strumming pattern and maintaining a constant tempo at the beginning of my practice session.