The creation of this blog was simple when there were instructions provided. That being said, if these had not been present then the creation would have been difficult. This sight is not a very intuitive, but I think after a few times on the sight it will become easier. However, when I think about potentially giving this sight as a resource to students I am not keen. This particular platform would be better for an older student body but I think students in the elementary age range would not be able to navigate the process without a lot of help. In one of my student teaching opportunities, for a grade four five split class, one of the things that I helped with was technology time. This was lead by the librarian focussing on online safety. It was surprising by how long seemingly simple tasks like changing a password took. In a day and age where technology is integrated into our lives from a young age I forgot that all of it is learning process. It is not overnight that we learn tools to navigate the online world. As teachers we need to be patient in this process and technology is a very important part of modern society and is a tool that should be taught in order to make successful future students and adults.

I do think that blogging is a beneficial tool for learning. I think a simpler sight would be required for a younger audience, but allows technology to be integrated into the classroom in a way that fosters interconnectedness inside and outside of the classroom. Having a place where students can interact outside of the classroom in a safe regulated place introduces students to what it is to be online and how it can be used in their future.